WWW for August 19, 2009
by Melissa Gow, Editorial Assistant for Knitty.com
Summer is 3/4 over...how are those summer knits coming along?
The internet is buzzing with wrap-up posts and pictures from Sock Summit. Here are a few for those who want to relive it, or those who missed it and want to see what it was like:
- Knitty editor Amy's photo album
- The Ravelry crew's wrap-up post, with pictures
- The very knit-friendly Oregonian newspaper's blog wrapup
- Lots and lots of people Tweeted all throughout Sock Summit...scroll to the bottom and start reading, and it'll almost be like being there (?)
- Tons and tons of pictures on Flickr
- A little something from Tina at Blue Moon Fiber Arts and something else from Stephanie, the Yarn Harlot
Avon Canada has a great little contest to raise awareness for breast cancer. Create something in pink, post the photo to the contest website and for every vote Avon will donate 2$ to breast cancer organizations across Canada!
Hat Wars2 is gearing up! Deadline to register is Aug 24, 2009.
Do you spin? There's still time to enter the Spin Control contest we're throwing at Knittyspin! Details here.
Local Toronto textile artist Breeyn McCarney sent out a call for submissions of hand knitted items for her next project:
Rowan is changing how they do things on their website. As of July 31st, 2009, the general public will no longer be able to purchase books, shadecards and magazines online or by phone. However purchases/renewals of Rowan International memberships and for workshops will still be available.
Kathrene Petersen of kitknit.ca is holding an online auction of knitted items to raise funds for the Durham Humane Society Phoenix Rising project to rebuild the Oshawa, Ontario, shelter that burned down last December.
Everyone's favourite Knit Grrrl, Shannon Okey, has started up Knitgrrl Studio, a fiber workshop, retail space and online store located in the Lake Erie Building at Templar Industrial Park in Lakewood, Ohio.
I am drawing a blank on a witty parting line...must be all the rain we are getting here!
Till two weeks from now!
Labels: www news